The new head honchos at The Classics Club have announced a classics spin for August. https://theclassicsclubblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/25/cc-spin-18/
To play, you make a list of 20 titles of your own “To Be Read” classics, and post your spin list on your blog before the 1st of August. On that day, they will announce the chosen number between 1 and 20, and players will try to finish the corresponding book on their own list before the end of the month.
In previous spins, I have tried to read all the books on my spin list between 1 and the chosen number to maintain my chronological quest. Obviously there is a risk with a high number chosen that I won’t get the chance to eat, drink, wash or sleep throughout August. Ah well, some things must be sacrificed in the name of literature!
Here is my Spin List. Perhaps I can survive a high number.
- Oedipus by Seneca
- Agamemnon by Seneca
- Apocolocyntosis by Seneca
- Thyestes by Seneca
- The Phoenecian Women by Seneca
- Satyricon by Petronius
- Octavia (wrongly attributed to) Seneca
- New Testament : Matthew
- New Testament : Mark
- New Testament : Luke
- New Testament : John
- New Testament : Acts
- New Testament : Epistles
- New Testament : Revelation
- Natural History [selections] by Pliny
- The Jewish War by Jospehus
- Parallel Lives I (The Rise and Fall of Athens) by Plutarch
- Parallel Lives II (Sparta) by Plutarch
- Parallel Lives III (The Age of Alexander) by Plutarch
- The Kama Sutra
and I am willing to bet now which number my blog followers are hoping for!